Microsoft: Windows 10 IoT
- OEMs are looking to create a consistent experience for their customers across all devices, including Internet of Things (IoT).
- IT departments want to streamline the management, data protection and deployment practice for all devices, including IoT.
- Developers want to ensure the applications are interoperable across industry-standard protocols.
- By using a common platform approach, Microsoft has extended Windows 10 IoT as a platform to build connected and intelligent devices with enterprise-grade security, manageability, and native device interoperability that enable the Internet of Things. This ensures a consistent user experience from mobile to desktop to IoT devices like kiosks, robotics and point of sales terminals.
- IT departments can use the same set of enterprise tools and Universal Windows Application to leverage the same code to deliver an experience across wide range of Windows 10 devices through Cloud service. This saves them both cost and time.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise brings the capabilities of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise to a wide range of industry devices across retail, manufacturing, healthcare, finance and other industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise devices run powerful line of business applications and perform a specialized function in a secure, reliable, and streamlined way to support mission critical industry devices.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise supports both Universal Windows apps and Classic Windows applications plus a host of innovative capabilities. These include advanced protection against modern security threats plus fully flexible deployment, updating and support options. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise also has comprehensive infrastructure, device, and app management features. Companies that require manageability, consistency, and predictability choose Windows 10 IoT Enterprise and Windows 10 IoT Core.
- Windows 10 enables open device interoperability and communication across a range of devices regardless of connection specifics and OS platform. With open device interoperability standards built into Windows 10, you can reduce complexities and simplify connectivity to mesh of devices as part of your overall IoT solution.
- Windows 10 IoT is a family of Windows 10 editions targeted towards a wide range of intelligent devices, from small industrial gateways to larger more complex devices like point of sales terminals, gateways and industrial automation systems.
- Combined with the latest Microsoft development tools and Azure IoT services partners can gather, store and process data, creating actionable business intelligence and effect business outcomes. Partners building solutions based on Windows 10 IoT will realize expanded opportunities when they harness the full breadth of Microsoft technologies to offer end-to-end solutions.
- Leverage the same code to deliver an intuitive experience across a wide range of Windows 10 devices. Tools like Visual Studio work across all Windows 10 editions and Azure to help reduce time and complexities building IoT solutions for the enterprise.
- Reduce complexities with a consistent device management approach across PCs, phones, and IoT devices. A modern device management stack based on industry standards enables enterprise mobility and support for first and third part management solutions.
- With Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, IT/Tech or management have a control over devices, tracking-monitoring, and predicting assets as well as pulling real-time reports.
Contact Avnet’s Microsoft MVP to discuss your Windows 10 IoT requirements; call 800-474-3044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View More Information